About HKA's 30th
Celebrating 30 years of consistency and reliability, Orange County-based HKA, Inc. Marketing Communications is an award-winning agency with a reputation for excellence. Founded by former journalist Hilary Kaye, HKA instills professionalism and integrity into every campaign, project and relationship, successfully enabling clients to leverage marketing and communications strategies to support critical business objectives. Throughout Hilary’s career, she has been inspired by the dramatic impact nonprofits make on the community. In turn, HKA has fostered and maintained working partnerships with an array of local nonprofits, with the agency guiding their marketing and communications efforts to help increase visibility and ultimately create even more impact.
Have you seen Locally PRoud in the news?
To commemorate its 30-year milestone, HKA has developed the “Locally PRoud” program to give back to the community that has supported HKA’s success over three decades. Locally PRoud is an opportunity for Orange County nonprofits to win a yearlong campaign with HKA that will include a custom strategic public relations and marketing plan and tactical support in the areas they select. All HKA labor during the 12 months will be included at no cost to the winning nonprofit; authorized expenses will be charged to the nonprofit at cost.
Beginning July 1, 2014, each qualifying nonprofit (see guidelines) may submit a short video that will illustrate why and how a custom campaign would benefit their organization. In addition, they will be required to submit a 300 to 500-word essay in which they outline the communications elements most desired (i.e. social media, publicity, brochures, newsletters, digital marketing, website enhancements, event support, etc.). Applications are due no later than August 31, 2014.
Finalists will be selected and announced in October. Each finalist video will be featured on the HKA website and the public will be asked to help select the winner. On Giving Tuesday, December 2, 2014, the winning nonprofit will be announced, with HKA beginning its philanthropic program on January 5, 2015.
- Each applicant must be a 501(c) (3) nonprofit organization in good standing with the Internal Revenue Service.
- Organization must have been founded no later than January 2012
- Must be based in Orange County, CA
- Operating budget cannot exceed $1.5 million
- Cannot be currently supported by an external public relations or marketing partner
- Applicant/organization must not be currently under criminal investigation and never been convicted of any crime
HOW TO APPLY:
- If you are considering an entry, please email us with your interest as soon as possible. You will not be obligated to complete an application but your email will help us to better manage the total number of anticipated submissions.
- Deadline: All entries must submitted by August 31, 2014, at 11:59 PM, PDT.
- To be considered, applications must include three elements: 1) short video, 2) short essay, 3) application form
- Short video: Applicants must create a video of 3 - 5 minutes in length, explaining why a custom strategic public relations and marketing program from HKA would benefit their organization and how it would help the community they serve. Please note: videos will not be judged on technical quality; content and creativity are most important.
- Short essay: Applicants must write a short essay of 300 to 500 words in which the nonprofit’s public relations and marketing needs are described. Be as specific as possible regarding the type of PR/marketing assistance requested and how this will help the target audience.
- Application Form: Each question must be answered to be considered.
Application form, essay and video must be submitted via the HKA website form. If video doesn't upload to website form, please email to LocallyPRoud@hkamarcom.com.
DISCLAIMER: By submitting this application, you understand that finalists will receive visibility leading up to the selection of the winning nonprofit organization. You grant permission to HKA, Inc. Marketing Communications to upload your video, use your logo and cite excerpts from your essay or application form (with the exception of financial information or other private data stated in the application).
FOR ANY QUESTIONS, please email LocallyPRoud@hkamarcom.com or call 714-426-0444.