HKA, Inc Marketing Communications is expanding and seeking a talented Public Relations Assistant Account Manager who will passionately support some of our fabulous accounts – with the opportunity to grow into a manager of accounts. If you are looking for a professional, collaborative environment in which to shine, consider joining our award-winning, well-established PR agency in Tustin. Our ideal candidate must be able to work effectively with diverse clients, develop creative and results-oriented programs and support team activities across a broad spectrum of clients.
HKA, Inc. offers a friendly, supportive work environment with a competitive compensation package that includes matching 401K and health benefits. Please email your résumé with salary history and cover letter. Let us know why you are the best candidate for this position. Please no telephone calls.
- Mandatory 3+ years of public relations experience; agency experience strongly preferred
- Degree in PR, journalism or communications
- Strategic and tactical social media know-how
- Exemplary writing and editing skills
- Track record for successfully pitching journalists; proven media relationships
- Previous success planning and executing events
- Proven experience supporting client accounts and leading select activities
- Critical thinking, creative and problem-solving abilities
- Microsoft Office proficiency, along with PR tools, such as Cision, ProfNet, AP Style, etc.
- Highly organized, multi-tasker who thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Build and maintain strong client relationships for agency
- Support all day-to-day client activities, deliverables, results and agency processes
- Implement strategic/tactical PR plans/programs
- Personally pitch media (as needed) and guide media programs
- Communicate effectively with agency management team
- Familiarity across broad marketing communications spectrum
- Experience driving digital campaigns, including social media, website development, advertising, newsletters, brochures, etc.
- Communications experience in professional services, nonprofit and financial arenas